Task 2: Designing and Writing a Leaflet
Module 5 Task 2 “Designing and Writing a Leaflet” consists of 3 activities and a real-life task:
Activity 1: First steps in successful advertising: SWOT analysis
Activity 2: Knowing how to prepare to advertise the product and be good at it
Activity 3: Consulting others
TASK 2: Designing and writing a leaflet
Learning objectives for task 2:
– B2. I can provide short summaries of a wide range of technical texts, commenting on the main themes and contrasting various points of view.
– B2. I can use the internet texts to get the necessary technical information and explain the main idea of the text related to the specific activity.
– B2. I can analyse the examples of commercials and leaflets in order to find out about the most effective language, content and layout.
– B2. I can find the differences between the language of commercials and leaflets.
– B2. I can understand the use of persuasive language.
– B2. I can skim and scan the text for information.
– B2. I can differentiate between the components of a SWOT analysis.
– B1. I can plan the proper leaflet structure.
– B1. I can write a simple but detailed description of a SWOT process.
– B1/B2. I can transfer the watched and read content into an information table.
– B2. I can transfer and adopt the technical language to the language understood by the common users.
– B2. I can write an in-house memo,
– B2. I can make notes about the given samples, specifically the content of the advert and the leaflet, analyse, select and organise the ideas into the bullet points written format.
– B1. I can understand the main points of a discussion on general topics if the participants use clear standard language.
– B1. I can understand the main points of a discussion on topics related to my field.
– B2. I can follow complex lines of argument, if the topic is reasonably familiar and the speech is clearly organised and presented.
– B2. I can understand the main points of discussions and presentations on the general and academic level when participants use different accents.
– B2. I can listen for the detailed information regarding the specific language phrases as well as for the specific content regarding: the leaflet preparation, SWOT analysis, as how to structure a memo and comprehend the principles
– B2. I can group and classify brainstorming ideas.
– B2. I can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
– B1. I can start, maintain and close simple face-to-face conversation on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
– B1/B2. I can use effectively grammatical structures and phrases during a discussion, to show agreement or disagreement about what has been said in a polite way.
– B2. I can ask for clarification of information and also to give clarification if necessary.
– B2. I can inquire about the solutions.
– B2. I can agree and disagree with the others, compromise about the common solution, negotiate.
– B2. I can effectively collaborate and exchange the ideas to collect the necessary information.
● Vocabulary: using the persuasive advertising vocabulary with the technical data, linking the technical information with the potential benefits of the target customers, the specific advertising phrases, descriptive adjective, persuasive verbs
● Grammar & Discourse: the accurate use of personal and impersonal language structures, descriptive adjectives, personal and impersonal passive structures, distinguishing and using the less and more specific technical vocabulary
● Pronunciation: distinguishing and using persuasive pitches, personal tone, and the proper intonation in questions and sentences
● authentic videos
INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATIVE COMPETENCE (IC): finding the differences between the needs and requirements of various target audiences