You can access this activity on Moodle from here.
Activity 4: Translating technical features of a product into business benefits for the customer
Ss should be able to translate technical features of their products into business benefits for the customers. If they do it well, they will be able to persuade the customers to buy their product/service.
- Ss are asked to watch a video explaining the difference between features and benefits Module 5-Task1-Activity 4a [5 min.]
- T reiterates the definition of features vs. benefits and illustrates it with some pictures. [5 min] Module 5-Task 1-Activity 4b
- Ss are divided into teams. Each team gets a table with product features and should complete benefits and sales messages [10 min] Module 5-Task 1-Activity 4c
- Ss present their completed tables in class and a discussion follows [30 min.]
- In pairs Ss prepare a similar table for their product (at least 5 features translated into benefits) [15 min]
- Volunteers present their tables in class [15 min]
Estimated timing for activity 4:
In class: 80 min.