Module 3 Task 3 “Manufacturing and Presenting” consists of 5 activities and a real-life task.
Activity 1: Launching the Production
Activity 2: Virtual Reality Game: “Maintaining the performance of a production process”
Activity 3: How to make an effective presentation
Activity 4: Work on preparing Visual documents
Activity 5: Finalising and Rehearsing the Presentation
Real-Life Task:Presenting the new product to the Board of Directors
TASK 3: Manufacturing and Presenting
Learning objectives for task 3:
● B1 I can understand short documents that consist mainly of high-frequency job-related language.
● B1 I can quickly read through texts in order to locate specific factual information
WRITING: flow charts, User’s manual, presentation slides (B2/C1)
● B2 I can use a variety of cohesive devices to mark clearly the relationships between ideas within technical essays, summaries or compositions.
● B2 I can plan, review and check my pieces of writing with the help of a dictionary and other reference sources.
● C1 I can write clear, well-structured texts on complex subjects related to my fields of interest, supporting my arguments, giving relevant examples, and ending with an appropriate conclusion.
● C1 I can write clear, detailed and well-structured descriptions in a style according to the reader in mind.
● B2 I can understand extended speech in presentations and follow even complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar.
● C1 I can understand extended speech in presentations even when it is not clearly structured.
● C1 I can understand lectures, talks and presentations in my professional or academic field of interest even when the subject is complex.
● B2 I can give a clear, systematically developed presentation accompanied by visual aids to transmit significant points and relevant details.
● B2 I can present clear detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to my field of interest.
● C1 I can make clear, well-structured presentations on complex subjects related to my fields of interest, supporting my arguments, giving relevant examples, and ending with an appropriate conclusion.
● B2 I can take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, understanding and answering questions, and expressing my views.
● Vocabulary: Figures, graphs
● Grammar & Discourse: The language of presentations, signposting, introduction / conclusion
● Pronunciation: Intonation, pitch
GENRES: presentations, troubleshooting, procedures
VIRTUAL REALITY: Gamification / VR game on maintaining production in a factory